How To Make Roasted Butternut Squash
What you need:
One medium-sized butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
8–10 fresh sage leaves, sliced
Salt and black pepper
How to prepare it:
- Heat up the oven to 425°F. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler or a small paring knife.
- Chop in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds; discard the seeds or save for later.
- Slice the squash into 3⁄4″ chunks. Toss with olive oil, maple syrup, and sage (if using); season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast until lightly browned on the outside and soft and tender all the way through, about 30 minutes.
- If you like, add the seeds during the last 10 minutes for an extra layer of crunch.